The post below has pictures of our hair stylist, Kacie. She is really good at what she does, and super sweet on top of that! She has a new baby store, Market Mommies, on Facebook. Check her out if you have littles...she is uber talented. Anyway. There is a story here. The Lord put sweet Kacie on my heart after our haircuts, so I began to pray for her and for an opportunity to tell her about Jesus. The littles had an appointment with her a few days after mine and Gracie's, so I recognized that for the time that the Lord wanted me to share with her. I was nervous. I know that seems silly, but my comfort zone didn't want to be breached, and Satan didn't want me to talk to her. So, I got up early before their appointments, and got all prayed and read up so that I was prepared to hear the Spirit guiding me. I prayed for opportunity, wisdom, and courage. I have to admit, I almost blew it! She finished Faith's trim, and was moving onto Ellie, and I still hadn't been given a clear opportunity. I ran to the bathroom and prayed some more. I came back, took a deep breath, and opened my mouth. I told her that the Lord put her on my heart and that I had been praying for her every day (sounds so easy when I recall it. Why in the world was I nervous? Seriously...). Anyway, her reaction was like none I had ever seen. Her eyes got wide, she started stuttering and talking really fast. She didn't know WHY the Lord would put her on my heart. She went through, aloud, some of the reasons that perhaps He did. I jumped in and said, "Maybe the Lord simply wants you to know how much He loves you!" She promptly changed the subject. I tried my best to guide the conversation back to Jesus, and it went there for a minute, but a wall was up. So, I went home feeling like a failure. As I was telling all this to Cameron, my phone beeped at me and when I looked down, I saw that it was a message from Kacie!! She told me how she was caught completely off guard when I told her that the Lord put her on my heart, but that she hadn't stopped thinking about it all day (it WAS a Victory!!!). She thanked me sincerely for sharing with her that I had been praying...
Y'all. Wow. I felt like the Lord was whispering to me through her that it doesn't matter what my expectations are when I try to share Him with others, His will is gonna be done! I thought that I had botched it all. I thought that I failed Jesus because, truthfully, I didn't get to share scripture with her. I didn't get to tell her of His sacrifice for her. But, you know, maybe right then, all He needed was for her to hear how very much He loves her...
3 comments:
Just read in Ezekiel this morning ... and God told Ezekiel He wanted him to eat His word and then share it. It didn't matter what Isreal said or did ... the act of obedience was the blessing. I'd say this is one of many times God will guide you to share HIs love, w/or w/out words, to just share. That's all He requires. That's the reward, the obedience. Rock on!
Yes, yes, YES! SO beautiful!
I have tears in my eyes!! way to go Stephanie!! She needed you, and you did it!! What an open door now!! I need courage like you have.
Gracie's hair is super cute!!
Post a Comment